Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Feature Requests / Re: Ecran tactile
« Last post by David on July 17, 2007, 08:04:33 PM »
I'm happy to say that touchscreen input is supported in version 1.5 and later.

-David
Feature Requests / Re: Treo 700w
« Last post by David on July 17, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »
Treo 700w touchscreen support and auto-detection of the number key mapping is available in version 1.5 and later.

Enjoy!

-David
Feature Requests / Re: PocketPC Version
« Last post by David on July 17, 2007, 07:53:05 PM »
Well, after much delay due to investments in the registration system and a snazzier web site, PPC touchscreens are finally supported as of version 1.5!

I welcome your feedback on the new touchscreen support a will use it to refine and improve the touchscreen controls in a follow-up release.

Thanks!

-David
Discussion / Re: Finally :-)
« Last post by David on July 17, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Excellent ideas, Mark!  I'll address the touchscreen improvements in the next release.

RE: the wrong number somewhere, I'm not promising this one for the next release (there are a few other features planned first), but it's definitely high on the priority list.  The plan is to have an "Undo to solvable" option that will keep undoing moves until the grid has no mistakes.  That way, when you discover you've made a mistake somewhere along the way, you don't have to restart the entire puzzle.

-David
Discussion / Finally :-)
« Last post by markauk on July 17, 2007, 04:35:23 PM »
I loved your Sudoku for smartphone, but for over a year I've been on WM5 touchscreen and so have been missing it.

Thank you for adding touchscreen support! I've registered already and will no doubt waste many hours playing...

A couple of bugs/suggestions:-

* when registering, the SIP keypad covers up the box where you put the reg code. Not a disaster, but means you have to type blind.

* on the popup number pad, it would be nice to have a 'push pin' type function so you could choose if the pad stays up after hitting a number. If you need to enter a few pencil mark numbers, it's a bit annoying that the pad disappears every time you hit one.

* if you get into an impossible situation (ie a number is wrong somewhere) it would be nice if you could call up an option to highlight any wrong numbers.

Thanks for a great app and for adding touchscreen support.

mark.
Translations / Re: Translation updates - Subscribe if you are a translator
« Last post by David on July 16, 2007, 07:52:24 AM »
The new resx file for version 1.5 has been posted.

Since I haven't heard from any of the translators since the 1.4 release, I assume that the new About screen credits change didn't go over very well.  So, I've returned to combined credits list to the game.  This means that new translators will get credit in the release following their inclusion in the language pack.

Thanks!

-David
Announcements / Smoresoft Sudoku 1.5 released!
« Last post by David on July 16, 2007, 07:46:04 AM »
I'm pleased to announce the release of Smoresoft Sudoku 1.5!

The major new features in this release are support for touch screen input and improved QWERTY keyboard detection.

If you've already purchased a registration code for Smoresoft Sudoku, you can upgrade for free. Just exit the game and download and install the latest version from http://www.smoresoft.com/sudoku/download.html.  No need to re-enter your registration code--your previous registration will be automatically detected.

If you haven't purchased a registration code yet, it's easy and painless. Just click the "Buy Now" button on the download page. You'll be hard pressed to find this many hours of quality entertainment for $5 USD anywhere!  Why spend $10 or more to stare vacantly at a movie screen, losing more brain cells every minute when you could spend half that much to challenge your brain with some fine Sudoku puzzles?

• New: Support for touch screen input.
  • New: Improved support for QWERTY keyboards. On supported devices, it is no longer necessary to switch to num lock mode to enter digits.
  • New: Restart a puzzle pack from the "Open..." dialog.
  • New: Danish translation
  • New: Display puzzle information when a puzzle is first loaded.
  • New: Display a message when a puzzle pack is completed.
  • Change: Default to pen input mode. Save current input mode on game exit.
  • Fix: Fixed "Flag invalid candidates" that was broken in version 1.4.
  • Fix: Restore translator credits removed in version 1.4.
  • And a number of other cosmetic, performance, and diagnostics improvements.
Translations / Re: Danish Translation
« Last post by David on July 03, 2007, 10:22:25 AM »
Hi Tomas,

I only noticed one change in the file... that's fine, but I just want to be sure that I'm not missing some intended changes.

Also, can you translate the new strings for version 1.4?  I put them at the end of the file attached to the thread at http://forums.smoresoft.com/index.php?topic=42.0.

Thanks!
-David
Translations / Re: Danish Translation
« Last post by lollike on July 03, 2007, 09:23:15 AM »
Hi again,

Thanks for the registration codes :)
I've changed the attached file with a new one, but the changes are not very important - I just made a few corrections that worked better than what I wrote originally;
Like "New Game" instead for "New" and so on.
You can use it for the next language update if you whish  ;)

Best regards,
Tomas Lollike

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the new translation!  I'm not a good judge of the Danish Sudoku Language, but we'll see how your Danish brothers like it.

I'll publish it in the language pack in the next couple of days and send you a registration code as well.

Thanks again!

-David
Translations / Re: Translation updates - Subscribe if you are a translator
« Last post by David on July 02, 2007, 12:45:41 PM »
Hello translators!

New strings for version 1.4 are available for translation in the main translation topic here.

In order to allow the translations to be updated and new translations added without requiring an update to the game, the translations are now in a separate language pack.

Give yourself credit for your work in the "translatorCreditText" string in the resx file.  Your text will show up in the About dialog when your translation is active.

Thanks again for your support!

-David
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]