Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 2189 times)

Sifaan

Feature requests
« on: May 18, 2006, 11:44:32 AM »
Hi!

Great program David! I never was addicted to Sudoku until I could play it on my phone ;)

Some features that are on my wish-list:
1. Undo option
This is for the times when you press the wrong key or the joystick slips or whatever - and you can't remember what was in the square that you just overwrote. So just one level of Undo would be sufficient. This might be more useful than Statistics on the left softkey (while the game is on)

2. A big part of the gameplay is eliminating pencil options. This is quite messy as we have to alternate input modes with the joystick and press numbers (esp. if you play one-handed). What would be really cool is a menu option where all cells with only 1 pencil mark get upgraded to pen marks

3. Just like red display when a pen mark conflicts with an existing number in row/column/box, can there also be the option for the same with pencil marks?

4. Time display
Can the time be displayed on the completion screen?
Or perhaps a running time display?

Many thanks and keep up the good work
/Sifaan

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smoresoft.com/
Feature requests
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:59:16 AM »
Thanks for the excellent feedback, Sifaan!

RE #1, the lack of an Undo has been annoying me too. I finally got a few hours to work on the game tonight, and multi-level undo is now in the game. You can use the Back key to undo. Note that the undo buffer is not saved when you exit the game, so you won't be able to undo after an exit and restart. However, you can switch to the homescreen, another program, etc., come back to the game later, and still be able to undo.

RE #2, I agree that there are too many keypresses necessary to make a pen entry when you're in pencil mode. Now you can press and hold a number to make a pen entry, even if you're in pencil mode. Let me know how this works for you. I haven't got to play with it much yet myself, but I think I may just stay in pencil mode now.

I didn't have time for #3, but I think it's a good idea and I'll try to fit it in when I get some more time.

For #4, I put the time in the completion screen. Someday I hope to have enough time to put in some real statistics and completion displays instead of the text messagebox.

I'm not sure yet if I want to squeeze a running time display onto the screen, since I like the uncluttered display as well as using the maximum amount of screen space so the pencil marks are as readable as possible.