Author Topic: Czech translation  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Darken

• View Profile
Czech translation
« on: October 12, 2006, 01:42:22 PM »
I've started working on Czech language pack, but I'm unsure how to translate some strings 'cos I don't know what does these functions mean: Highlight Value and Highlight Sets. If I use them, I'm not able to move on the grid...

And Singles are problem too. I think it was solved on this forum, but if I try to search through I've got an error:
Quote from: Board
An Error Has Occurred! You are not allowed to search for posts in this forum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:49:54 PM by Darken »
MPx200 (WM 2003)
DarkenCZ

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smoresoft.com/
Re: Czech translation
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:22:32 PM »
Hi Darken,

Highlight Value will highlight all of the cells that contain a selected candidate value.  For example, if you choose "Highlight Value" and then press "1", all of the cells that contain a candidate value of 1 will be highlighted.  This lets you quickly see which cells may contain the value "1".

Highlight Sets will highlight all of the cells that have the selected number of candidates.  For example, if you choose "Highlight Sets" and then press "2", all of the cells that contain exactly two candidates will be highlighted.  This lets you quickly see all of the unsolved pairs in the grid.

To exit either mode, press Enter (or press in on the joystick), or you can choose the menu option again to toggle the highlight mode off.

Auto-play singles is described in this post.  If you're logged in as a member, you should be able to search the forum now.

Looking forward to your translation!

-David

Offline Darken

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:03:08 PM »
Finally I've finished it.  :)
Translation is in attachment.

I suppose, that it selects language according to 'Language' set in the system a there is a problem:
I think, there should be some option in Settings to change the language manually, because I have my MPx200 in English. When I did Master Reset, Czech from my phone vanished and I have it all English (as the majority of people on biggest czech smartphone forum).

If it selects language according to 'Locale', it should works fine.

MPx200 (WM 2003)
DarkenCZ

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 07:56:59 PM »
Excellent, thanks Darken!  I'll get this into the next preview release.  I'm on vacation this week and next, so I apologize for the delay.

There is a way to force your translation to show up by manually editing the Smoresoft.Sudoku.exe.config file on your device.  Add the following line to the file after the <settings> tag:

<culture>cs</culture>

Note that some of the strings displayed in the game come from the operating system, like "Ok" and "Cancel" in the confirmation dialogs, so you'll still see those in English.

-David

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 09:28:38 AM »
Hi Darken,

Your translation is in the newly release version 1.3 Preview 4.  Thanks for your patience!

-David

Offline Darken

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 12:07:28 PM »
I had to add <culture>cs</culture> as you have written, but it works now.
I'll be happy if there will be an option to select language, because I don't think, that many people are able to do that.

Here are some screenshots from czech version:
MPx200 (WM 2003)
DarkenCZ

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 12:52:32 AM »
Cool!

The language resources are getting to be the largest part of the game installation now, so I'm considering creating a separate download for each language to save space on the device.  Then you'll be able to download and install the Czech version on an English phone without having to make the <culture> configuration change.