Author Topic: Translation tools  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Rheuh

• View Profile
Translation tools
« on: June 21, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »
If you really need it, starting from next week I'm in holidays so I'll be able to develop a little editor for the .resx files in Delphi or PHP, and maybe a puzzle pack editor, too. Perhaps you could point me to some information regarding the compilation of .resx files to a redistributable .cab ? Maybe we could put all the .resx files in some kind of public repository, and anyone could be able to read this repository and translate the .resx in their own language, and submit their translations. What do you think of this ?

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smoresoft.com/
Re: Translation tools
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 09:15:45 AM »
These are great ideas!  I've decided to include the translations in the main download instead of a separate cab file.  They don't take very much space on the device.  If I get a lot of translations, I'll consider splitting them into separate downloads again.

Here's how I build the resource dlls:

Code: [Select]
resgen.exe Resources.%1.resx

al.exe /t:lib /embed:Resources.%1.resources,Smoresoft.Sudoku.Properties.Resources.%1.resources /culture:%1 /template:Smoresoft.Sudoku.exe /out:Smoresoft.Sudoku.resources.dll

where:

%1 is the culture (e.g., "fr" or "de"), and Smoresoft.Sudoku.exe is the main executable assembly.

resgen.exe comes from the Windows Mobile 5 SmartPhone SDK, and al.exe is in %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322.

Let me know if you need any more information to build a puzzle pack editor.  Note that you don't have to worry about building cab files for puzzle packs anymore.  My plan is that the puzzle pack manager feature will support spp files directly without the need for wrapping them in a cab file.

Offline Rheuh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 12:12:29 PM »
Okay... for now I am in search of a new apartment, because I'm no longer a student starting from these holidays. It should take me a few weeks to move out of here in my new place, and have my Internet connection following me, but as soon as I'm settled, I'll handle that.

Offline David

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.smoresoft.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 04:11:54 AM »
Good luck finding your apartment!